A little story...

So I guess I have made it obvious now through my snap and instagram accounts that I am in the midst of designing my own collection, I have been working on this coming up to 3 years now and the hard work is finally paying off!

I keep saying I will write about it later because it's just a little too long but I will try to summarise so here it goes...

It happened as an accident, one day I was working as usual in the office and I just hated being there! All I knew is I wanted to leave and do what I always love, either make up or fashion, I did the makeup but it just wasn't enough. Fashion has always been a big interest of mine, I would always be complimented on what I wore or how I look (in a humble way), I feel like having an eye for style was always a strength of mine and I really wanted to fashion design. Now however that's happened, I am almost finalising my own line and the launch will be announced sooner the time. It has not been easy, learning to design firstly and working on the pieces weekends and sometimes after work too. I went through a lot of trial and error, sourcing the best material and finding an amazing team to make sure my ideas and designs are exactly what I want and nothing less.

As some of you may have read in my previous posts, I mentioned that the design house I was originally working with was set on fire (the building got caught up with the fire of the car garage behind it and by the time they found out which was the next morning it was just too late... heartbreaking). So naturally I lost a lot, financially and of course many of my original pieces, samples and material were ruined. I had to start over again, hence why it has taken us 3 years now. During the process I fell pregnant and having a baby also slowed everything down as my son was my priority and he became everything.

But... where there is a will there is a way and now I am almost waking up to my little dream! I am so happy that I have received many beautiful messages and comments about it so I feel like I am on the right track again!

Here I am wearing another of my designs. A simple yet elegant slim line black dress with a velvet waist feature which is stitched on, similar to a belt. I also added a filled slit at the back (just like the white dress) to make it easier when walking. The pattern of the material (which isn't very clear in the photos) is delicately checkered, and the quality and finishing is really neat.

The style of my designs are all modest but relevant and modern. 










I feel like this dress will suit most people and it's really easy to match almost any scarf, bag and shoes with. It definitely can be worn for many occasions, one of those timeless pieces everyone needs.
It will be available in white too.



What are your thoughts?

Love Sora xo



Comments

Popular Posts