30

So it all starts at 30... well for me that is.



They say life starts at 40, not if you've just had a baby and decided you need to live, again! Being a full-time mum is everything and nothing, you are everything and more to your child and your home but you are nothing to you, nothing for yourself, no time to think or 'chill'. Every hard-working, extra giving and bad'ass breastfeeding mum can relate, (but of course it's all worth it, I would not exchange my super baby boy for any other and I wouldn't change his wild ways either) Love you Ali (for when you read this in 10 years, maybe 20... maybe never?) 

Getting ready for my 30th, regardless of how glamorous and pretty the pictures look - getting to even take a picture was nothing short of crazy, wild and tiring. I done my makeup in less than 20minutes, maximum 30minutes adding the time I was running around grabbing my makeup brushes out of Ali's hands, contouring my face whilst changing his nappy, doing my lips in the car and I can't even remember the amount of times I poked my eyeball whilst trying to put my contacts on as my husband drove like a F1 racer to get to the restaurant booking on time... but after all the chaos, we made it, well just about.

Face:
Primer: Farsali Rose Gold Elixir oil (HG for life!)
Foundation: Two faced Undetectable (medium to full coverage)
Concealer: Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer 
Powder: Benefit The Pore-fection (a life saver especially living in a hot country)
Contour and Highlight: Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate
Blusher: Laura Mercier Rose Petal
Bronzer: YSL Terre Saharienne
Mascara: Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes
Eye Pencil: Anastasia Beverly Hills Highlighter Duo Pencil - (Sand Shimmer only in the eye duct)
Eyeliner: Lancome Liquid Eyeliner in Bronze Orfevre 09 (top eyelid)
Eyeshadow: Laura Mercier Pale Pink (lid) Granite (crease and under eye)
Eyebrows: Benefit Ka-Brow in 5
Lipliner: Soar by MAC (favourite forever)
Lipstick: (beginning of the birthday) YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Mats in 207
(After dinner) Tom Ford First Time 09
Contact Lenses: Lareen in colour Orien



with contact lenses
without contact lenses
                                                      
I had planned my birthday outfit around 3 months beforehand (my birthday is on the 21st of March for future reference), I planned it around one particular item, my bag from Versace. It was a real statement as well as a special gift from my husband, with my favourite colour combination - white decorated with the gold Medusa head coins. I wanted to wear white, but then I remembered that my wedding anniversary was a week after and I like to wear white on our anniversary, I did it last year and I wanted to do it this year and every wedding anniversary here-on. 

The first thing I found was this gorgeous mink two piece, trouser and top. I adore two pieces and have bought a few already, I also wore one for new years eve which I loved, and I knew I wanted one for my birthday. Finding the right one was a little difficult but eventually I found an amazing website by some of the social media fashionistas that I follow in Dubai 'www.ownthelooks.com'. Browsing through I spotted it and was sold. (I'm a very quick, decisive, know-what-I-want kinda girl when it comes to fashion, I know when something will look great on me from the get go, literally!) The two piece is combined of a long sleeve short top and pin-stripe style trouser, the material is thick felt and sits quite stiffly.

Initially I was going to wear it alone or with a large shawl but as I was walking through Fenwicks in Bond street London, I saw this beautiful faux-fur gilet on sale and even though my birthday is on the first day of spring I wanted to end winter stylishly. I pictured it would be a great fit, especially as it was two-toned, mink to match my outfit and white to match the bag, perfect.

The last two pieces I bought on the same day, just two days before my birthday... I couldn't find the right shoes, although with the look I was opting for and the design of the trousers, I knew they had to be courts. I was thinking white, but being truthful I was never fond of white courts. I looked almost everywhere to find the right shoes, and I could've just gone for white or gold to match the bag but it would clash too much with the gilet and everything would look too OTT - eye for style? I'd like to think so.

Finally I walked into Aldo shoe shop, I looked around not finding anything I particularly thought would suit, but then, (just like the movies) the very last shelf on the wall I found them! These nude/blush suede pair, I tried them on and thank God they had my size (otherwise I would have cried...no seriously, its for my 30th birthday) I took them and rushed through the mall to get home, because after a few long hours my son was driving me in-sane! As I was running out of Ibn Batuta Mall here in Dubai, there was a small kiosk selling hijabs/scarves, the offer was buy 3 for 2, I bought 3 shades that I thought would match, didn't think twice at this point I just knew it would be ok in the end. 

 

The end came, the outfit was everything I wanted. I felt even better with the amount of compliments I received, it was such a relief! I guess turning 30 wasn't so bad after all...



Love Sora xo


Comments

Popular Posts