My look for FFWDXB 2017

Fashion Forward this year was nothing short of exciting especially when I heard that one of my favourite evening wear designers was showcasing his collection, Abed Mahfouz!

The makeup I opted for was a subtle peachy-pink look with a strong cat liner. I used a brown liquid eyeliner on the top lid only, instead of black, as the eye shadow was very soft and black will only make it look too harsh. The eye shadow and the blusher were the same product because I wanted the same tones throughout my face. I added the darker shade of the 3-tone blusher on the outer crease of the eyelid and the medium shade I applied in the middle as well as swiping some underneath the eye. As for the highlighter, I used a small amount from a YSL eyeshadow palette, I feel like it works the same as any highlighter with strong pigment, it's just in smaller amounts! I kept the face clean by using one of my favourite foundations and concealer both with full coverage, however I used small amounts of product. I used a darker shade in the concealer palette to correct and diminish any dark circles and areas on the face, then I used a lighter yellow shade concealer on top to brighten my face.

Full product breakdown: 
Primer: MAC Prep+Prime Skin Base Visage 
Foundation: Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)able Full Cover Foundation in Biscuit 
Concealer: Pro Conceal and Correct Palette in Light (NC20 & pale yellow)
Loose Powder: Laura Mercier Universal in Invisible  
Contour: YSL bronzer powder in Terre Saharienne
Highlighter: YSL Eyeshadow Palette in Pure Chromatics 8 (used the pearl shade)
Blusher: Shiseido Face Colour Enhancing Trio RD1
Mascara: Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara
Eyeliner: Lancome Liquid Eyeliner in Bronze Orfevre 09
Eyeshadow: same as blusher 
Lipliner: Bobbi Brown in Ballet Pink
Liquid Lipstick: NYX Lingerie collection in 08
Eyebrows: Benefit KA-Brow! in number 5









As the night went on I was given a mini-makeover by the amazing MAC Middle east team and I was lucky to take part in the #macbakestageexperience. We chose to do a strong ombre lip and thicken and deepen the eyeliner, also shortening the line. The ombre lip was just perfectly done by the makeup artist and I definitely didn't want it to come off!



How to achieve the ombre lips using MAC: Line the lips first with 'Chicory' lip pencil then shade the edges of the lip with lip pencil in 'Brick'. Add 'Brick-O-La' lipstick all over lip (avoiding the line) and pat gently 'faux' lipstick in the middle only. The dark lip liner, the shading at the edges, the matte lipstick and finally the lighter colour in the centre give an illusion of a bigger more fuller lip... pro magic!



As for my outfit, it was casual, relaxed but suitable for an evening event too. The look was combined of a black scarf matched with a white and black velvet outlined cocoon-style kimono with large bat wings which I designed myself (I will go into more detail about this in another post), paired with skinny jeans from Zara - hands down one of the best shops for jeans and always fit amazingly well! I chose red suede block heeled courts from Aldo (did you read the last post? sounds familiar right? but I actually bought these just before those heels from a DIFFERENT store) and I accessorised the outfit with the Sylvie leather mini chain bag in black from Gucci, I love the gold chain feature, so classy!

I went for red heels because not only is it the safest colour to add when wearing black and white, but it also matched the famous Gucci red stripes on the bag as well as adding a pop of colour, which I am always reluctant to do but my favourite fashion blogger has changed my mind, thank you Fashion Lollipop (Maya you are life!) 







What do you think?

Love Sora xo











Comments

Popular Posts