All about the shirt!

Being modest is one thing, but being modest in the heat is another!

Trying to put together a modest outfit for a super hot day is just not an easy job sometimes (ask the ladies who have to deal with it) especially when you want to look stylish but at the same time not too dressed up, yet appropriate for a casual outing.


However, choosing a baggy, airy shirt is always a start, paired with trousers or jeans (depending on the heat) and flats for sure, which is what I chose to wear on a family day trip to the park.

This outfit is all about the shirt! I chose to wear this blush pink free-size shirt from one of my favourite stores Riva fashion. It's such a forgiving yet elegant piece and the cut is what makes it so pretty, with the triangular edges and the shortened wide front and back making it very comfortable to move around in. Riva is definitley my all time go-to store for modest clothing, especially living in a city like Dubai; finding suitable garments for the humid weather can be hard!


I paired the shirt with straight cut white trousers from Mango (which is always the safest colour in the sun... not so safe if its see-through so watch out for that!) and light grey chiffon scarf. I also teamed the look with classic Prada loafer shoes in gold which matched the white and gold bag from Versace.


Obviously the sun was beaming and having extremely sensitive eyes means I always need sunglasses so I wore these brown sunnies by Tom Ford, which I found quite unique as they have a thin gold line that goes around the lenses.



Hope this helps for those who struggle with modesty in the heat... I feel you girl (trust me!)


Love Sora xo

Comments

Popular Posts