The white dress

If you follow me on instagram (sora_hussein) or snapchat (sora_h) you would have already seen my outfit for my wedding anniversary.




I received many questions about where the dress is from, which I was really pleased about because it is actually my own design! The dress also comes in black and was made by a design house that I am working with, the same team that made my Kimono in my last post (I will be writing about my designs and clothing brand in a separate post soon...super excited!)


As I stated in a previous blog I love to wear white on our wedding anniversary, last year I opted for a beautiful unique white Abaya (a traditional middle-eastern dress) and this year I wanted to wear this dress, as not only is it my own but it meant a lot to finally be able to wear it two years after I designed it. (It's the second sample made because the initial one was burnt down with the design factory, hence the delay in my brand too).




The dress is plain and long sleeve with a maxi bodycon cut, however the main feature is the large cape that covers the bust area and is split at the back, held together by a simple gold button (gold had to be somewhere with the white, my favourite combination ofcourse). There is a 'non-revealing' slit which I opted for to keep it 'modest' and also help when walking as the dress is quite ankle-hugging. I feel like the material is really what makes the dress what it is and finding the correct material for this particular design was so important but after a long search, it ended up coming from Japan, it just sits so beautifully. The simplicity makes it a more elegant piece if I may say so myself.


I chose to wear a grey chiffon hijab that I styled simply by flipping over the shoulders as I wanted all the concentration to be on the dress and I teamed it with black patent shoes in court style from Steve Madden. (yes I do love courts). I accessorised with a delicate custom-made gold necklace of my sons name in arabic.


The place where we celebrated was the beautiful Al Qasr hotel in Jumeira Dubai, making it the perfect location for taking these shots (thanks to my husband) and the dress was just so fitting for the setting.



I hope my effort has paid off and you like it as much as I do!

Love Sora xo

Comments

Popular Posts